The main projects steps are aligned with Intellectual Outputs to be produced.
- Generation of training material of Circular Economy, Additive Manufacturing and Intelligent Furniture
- Evaluation of training material and application in Cross-cultural course for VET students & teachers. It consists of 3 cooperative VET school projects.
- During and after the Cross-cultural course, generation of an Open Education Handbook and Best Practices for VET stakeholders: from VET students to hiring companies.
The expected results of SMARTRAIN Action can be classified in:
- Design and development of three pieces of furniture elaborated by VET students coming from three different VET centres in Europe (Spain, Belgium and Italy).
- Development of training material about Additive Manufacturing, Circular Economy and Intelligent Furniture (training pills).
- Evaluation of the training material and application during and after the short mobilities in European VET centres, following the project-based approach.
- Training material adaptation proposal for students of lower profile (e.g. in Spain addressed to Formación Profesional Básica “Basic carpentry and furniture”).
- Creation of a methodology on how to carry out successfully and make the most of these Erasmus+ initiatives to upgrade both students and teachers skills.
- Cooperation between stakeholders: RTOs, VET centres and VET students by increasing cooperation and dialogue in the field of innovation, digitisation and circular economy.
- Provision of the knowledge and tools to generate new (circular, intelligent) furniture in a digitised world.
- Technology transfer from RTOs to VET centres.
- Improvement of the sector overall picture, which generally acknowledged is seen as a traditional manufacturing industry, towards an advanced and technological one.
- Internationalisation and transnationalisation.
- Project-based approach that will raise the motivation of the learners, as their own motivations and desires in the type of furniture will be taken into account for the students’ projects.
- Establishment of synergies between the formative sector and the productive sector of wood and furniture.